Throughout the year, BJE has opportunity to celebrate student achievements and activities through publications or through reproducing students’ work in publications such as the BJE magazine, the Australian Jewish News, in the media (including social media), BJE and school newsletters, and the BJE website. These opportunities often present at very short notice. To enable us to take advantage of such opportunities, we request that you please supply media consent as follows:
I/We, the person(s) whose signature appears below, hereby give my/our consent for the New South Wales Board of Jewish Education (BJE) and/or any of its officers, employees and contractors or agents acting with BJE's authority and permission to video and/or photograph me and/or my child(ren) named in this Enrolment Form at BJE activities and meetings or at other activities that I/we or my child/ren attend. I/We also give my/our consent for such photos or videos of my child/ren and/or their submitted work and/or photos or videos of myself to be used by BJE (or others) in the course of or in connection with the operations and activities of BJE, including its subrand jwave, and to be displayed in newspapers and magazines (whether print or digital), on the BJE or jwave website, on any social media platform, and in any promotional material or brochures that BJE or jwave may use or develop.I/we also release and hold harmless BJE, its contractors, employees and any third party involved in the creation or publication of such material from liability for any claims by me/us or any third party in connection with the use of this/these photograph(s), image(s), video(s), and/or work(s) (“Images”).
confirm that I am/we are over the age of 18 years;
• confirm that I am/we are the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the below named child/ren and am/are authorised to give this permission;
• assign any copyright in the photograph(s) and/or video(s) to BJE and agree I/we will not receive any compensation from BJE or any other party for any use or display of the Image/s in any of the ways outlined above;
• waive any right or claim I/we have at present, or would have in the future, to any fee, royalty or other benefit to which I/we might have otherwise been entitled;
• understand that once the Image/s are used or displayed, that it will be in the public domain and that BJE is limited in its ability to prevent subsequent use and display of those Image/s;
• consent to BJE collecting, using and disclosing my/our and my/our child's personal information for the purposes described in this Media Consent Form; consent to disclosures to overseas recipients; acknowledge that, by consenting to the disclosures of my/our personal information to overseas recipients, Australian Privacy Principle (APP) 8.1 will not apply to the disclosure and as a result BJE will not be accountable under the Privacy Act and I/we may not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act in respect of this personal information so disclosed;
• understand that all material gathered is subject to the editorial discretion of BJE; and
• understand that BJE may, at its sole discretion and without being required to consult with me /us, elect to use or not use, all or any of the material gathered.